Multilingual Lithuania is voluntary social-educational native language teaching courses provided for Lithuanians and Erasmus students.
Have you ever:
- tried to teach someone your culture and language?
- dreamt of having the opportunity to become an international teacher?
- wished for more people to know your language better?
If YES, join our INTERNATIONAL TEAM!
Give Lithuanians and Erasmus students a chance to learn from TRUE EXPERTS – NATIVES!
ESN Lithuania and Invest Lithuania, a government agency under the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania, initiated a project “Multilingual Lithuania“, in order to encourage Lithuanians to learn foreign languages.
What you will get from this project:
- Invest Lithuania will award a letter of appreciation signed by Lithuanian Ministry of Economy for program participants engaged in voluntary social-educational courses;
- The best native language teacher will be awarded with a special Invest Lithuania prize;
- you will improve your public speaking skills;
- will learn how to organize lessons;
- gain teaching experience;
- get to know more Lithuanians.
Ideas about the project from previous students:
“I wanted to share my knowledge and my culture and have a new experience (teaching)” − Romain (France)
“I wanted to share my language, and the most important is meet the new friends” − Eva (China)
“this kind of project makes us more sociable” − Serkan and Celilsemi (Turkey)
“I decided to join this project for improving my English, learning from my students and not to be scared of talking in public in the future.” − Alejandro (Spain)
Who can participate? − Exchange students, who come to study to Lithuania
Place of lessons: your university
Participant task: to teach your native language for Lithuanian students at your university in Lithuania
Project duration: 2 - 2.5 months (8 - 10 lessons)
Expectations from participants:
Native language lessons conducted weekly with minimum of 1 - 2 academic hours;
The length of the courses should be 8 - 10 lessons.
Contact if you have any questions: [email protected] or ask ESN team at your university.